[xquery-talk] [announce] XQDT: an XQuery Eclipse plugin, first release

Mukul Gandhi gandhi.mukul at gmail.com
Sat May 10 22:23:30 PDT 2008

I installed the eclipse plugin mentioned. It's cool ...

Following is my first XQuery program with this tool, which worked:

<result>
{
    for $person in doc("../Data/test.xml")/people/person
    return $person/fname
}
</result>

I have a question ...

In the above program, I have specified the path to the XML file as,
../Data/test.xml which works. 'Data' is the directory which the create
project wizard recommends.

But if I specify the expression as, doc("test.xml") etc., I get error:
File 'test.xml' does not exist. In the project properties, I specify
the data directory as, testxq\Data, which generates following
defaultDataDirectory=testxq\\Data in the file, org.xqdt.core.prefs. Is
this usage wrong?

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi