[xquery-talk] [Announce] BaseX 5.0

Christian Grün christian.gruen at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 22:14:05 PST 2008

Dear all,

we are glad to announce the new version of BaseX, our XML database and
XQuery processor. It offers a bunch of new and improved features:

- Support of XQuery/XPath Full-Text 1.0, based on the W3C Candidate
Recommendation - presumably the most complete implementation which is
currently available.
- XQuery Conformance: reaching 99.9% of the W3C XQuery Test Suite.
- Implementation of XQuery API for Java (XQJ) and XML:DB API (XAPI).
- New Scatterplot View, advanced Table View.
- Improved XQuery Editor with syntax highlighting and error feedback.
- GUI Auto-Completion features for command, XPath and XQuery input.
- Internationalization. Currently supported: English, Japanese, German.

BaseX is open source. It is developed by the DBIS Group/U Konstanz.
Please find more information at: http://basex.org/

Best regards,
  -- Christian Gruen, BaseX Team