[xquery-talk] Leverage your XQuery skills in the Article 2.0 Contest

McBeath, Darin W (ELS-STL) D.McBeath at elsevier.com
Tue Sep 23 09:04:04 PDT 2008

Elsevier Labs is inviting creative individuals who have wanted the
opportunity to view and work with scientific journal article content on
the web to enter the Elsevier Article 2.0 Contest. Each contestant will
be provided online access to approximately 7,500 full-text XML articles
from Elsevier journals, including the associated images, and the
Elsevier Article 2.0 API to develop a unique yet useful web-based
journal article rendering application.  The sample apps (including
source code) we have provided on the Article 2.0 Contest web site were
developed in XQuery.  While the contest does not mandate the use of
XQuery, our experience has shown the technology is a natural fit for
building these types of applications.

If you are interested in the contest, please visit the web site
(http://article20.elsevier.com <http://article20.elsevier.com/> ) and
apply for an Article 2.0 API Key.

If you have any questions about the contest, drop us an email at
info-article20 at elsevier.com.

Thanks.

Elsevier Labs.