[xquery-talk] ANN: Pre-release of XQDT 2.0

Matthias Brantner matthias.brantner at 28msec.com
Wed Apr 22 06:22:24 PDT 2009

Dear all,

the XQuery Development Tools for Eclipse 2.0 (XQDT) are a complete
rewrite of XQDT 1.0 based on the DLTK Framework (Dynamic Languages
Toolkit). With DLTK, XQDT will have improved syntax highlighting,
error handling, and code completion. Furthermore, XQDT 2.0 is based on
an ANTLR parser.

Specifically, XQDT 2.0 has the following new features:

- Editor: A number of new features such as bracket matching and code
folding.
- Error handling: Report multiple errors of an XQuery program (rather
than reporting the first error only).
- Code completion: Context-sensitive function templates. Code
completion of library functions.
- Support for Zorba: The XQDT 2.0 parser accepts all Zorba-specific (http://www.zorba-xquery.com/
) constructs such as scripting, eval function, etc.
- Support for Sausalito: XQDT 2.0 supports all functions of the
Sausalito CoreSDK (http://www.28msec.com/) such as creating, testing,
and deploying a project in the Amazon cloud.

We are providing a pre-release of XQDT 2.0 with limited functionality.
This pre-release only supports XQuery 1.0. Furthermore, this pre-
release does not support debugging yet. We are making this early pre-
release because we are interested in comments, feedback, and feature
requests. Please, post bugs and feature requests on the XQDT bug-
tracker on Sourceforge: http://www.sourceforge.org/projects/xqdt/.

The full XQDT 2.0 release is scheduled for June 2009.

The Eclipse update site is available at: http://www.xqdt.org/xqdt/
2.0/. For more information read the installation instructions on the
“Installing XQDT 2.0” page at http://www.xqdt.org/.

Best regards

XQDT Team