[xquery-talk] [XQuery] limitations

Michael Kay mike at saxonica.com
Wed Apr 29 18:06:45 PDT 2009

XQuery is a Turing complete functional language, so its computational power
is the same as that of all modern programming languages.

If there are limitations, they lie in the data model, not in the expressive
power of the language. For example, if your source documents have unparsed
entities, XQuery is unable to see them.