[xquery-talk] Is It Time for EXSLT 2?

Florent Georges lists at fgeorges.org
Sat Jan 10 21:23:27 PST 2009

  Hi,

  Kurt Cagle wrote an interesting blog post about a standard library
of XQuery functions, EXQuery.org, kind of EXSLT for XQuery:

http://broadcast.oreilly.com/2009/01/is-it-time-for-an-exqueryorg.html

  Some of us on XSL List thought the same thing about XSLT 2.0 for a
while, and we recently began new discussions on the EXSLT list about
a new version for XSLT 2.0.  Actually, most of the extensions would
be XPath 2.0 extension functions, and I believe most of them could
be shared by XSLT 2.0 and XQuery (and maybe other plain XPath 2.0
engines.)

  As I explain in a comment on that blog post, I think it would be
beneficial for both XSLT 2.0 and XQuery communities to join the same
effort.  I would be interested to hear the XQuery community thoughts
regarding EXSLT2.

  For more info about EXSLT2, please see the EXSLT mailing list at
http://lists.fourthought.com/mailman/listinfo/exslt and the wiki at
http://www.fgeorges.org/exslt2-wiki/.

  Regards,

--