[xquery-talk] Saxon 9.1.0.5 command ignoring method=text ?

Andrew Welch andrew.j.welch at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 08:06:12 PST 2009

Can you provide a small, complete runnable example which demonstrates
the problem?  For example, does this do it:

declare namespace saxon = "http://saxon.sf.net/";
declare option saxon:output "method=text";

'a'

Also run it with the -t option which will show you which version of
Saxon you are using.

cheers
andrew

2009/1/15 Kevin Grover <kevin at kevingrover.net>:
> I'm using
>
> declare namespace saxon = "http://saxon.sf.net/";
> declare option saxon:output "method=text";
>
> and I'm still getting the xml declaration.
>
> I also tried adding
>
> declare option saxon:output "omit-xml-declaration=yes";
>
> and no joy.
>
> However, adding '!method=text' to the command line works.  I did some
> googling and notices that this occured between 8.4 and 8.5, but 'was going
> to be fixed soon'.
>
> What am I missing?
>
> Thanks
>
> - Kevin