[xquery-talk] XQuery and Item Orientation

Brian Maso brian at blumenfeld-maso.com
Tue Jan 20 20:11:18 PST 2009

I'm a language slut as much as anyone, but I feel like this territory has
been covered. I think initially of Cu (.Net platform), a language that has
XML, relational, and OO structures all as first-class citizens.

I like that XQuery has tight focus -- I think of it as a functional DSL for
processing XML, and that's a great thing. (Adding functions as first-class
types would really kick ass, though!) But adding "methods" to XSD types? Eh
(shrug).

Brian Maso