[xquery-talk] XQuery and databases - XQuery 2.0

derstubbi at gmx.de derstubbi at gmx.de
Mon Jun 8 18:08:40 PDT 2009

Hi,
I have several questions concerning XQuery :

1)
how can I use a xml-file stored in a database ?
I tried with eXist but i did not work:

let $path :='http://localhost:8080/exist/rest/db/my.xml'
...doc(path )...

-> FileNotFoundException: http://localhost:8080/exist/rest/db/Abteilung_DocIDinRepo.xml
(I tried several other paths and combinations)

When I use the path in my browser, I can see the file.
What am I doing wrong ?

2)Is there (or will there be) possibility to make a database-connection just with XQuery ? So that I can give host, port, login, passwort, etc and XQuery is able to connect to the database ?
Am I correct, that at the moment it is only possible if you use XQuery executed from java (or an other programming language, that is able to create a connection) ?

3)
When will there be a new/newer specification of XQuery (->XQuery 2.0)
Is it possible to get an overview of the planed changes and new possibilities ?

Greetings,
ND
--
GMX FreeDSL mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate und Telefonanschluss nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!
http://dslspecial.gmx.de/freedsl-aktionspreis/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a