[xquery-talk] XQuery and databases - XQuery 2.0

Michael Kay mike at saxonica.com
Mon Jun 8 18:11:38 PDT 2009

> > let $path :='http://localhost:8080/exist/rest/db/my.xml'
> > ...doc(path )...
> >
> > -> FileNotFoundException:
> > -> http://localhost:8080/exist/rest/db/Abteilung_DocIDinRepo.xml
> > (I tried several other paths and combinations)
>
> Just use a relative URI: doc("/db/my.xml"). The xquery is
> running on the server. It knows and has access to all
> documents stored there. There's no need to use an HTTP URI here.

Or if you really do want eXist simply to return the whole document, and then
to run client-side queries against the returned document, you could use a
free-standing (non-database) query processor like Saxon on the client side.
Sometimes if you want to do intensive processing that will use most of the
data in the document, and if you know exactly what document you want to
process, then it can make sense to do this processing on the client side.

Regards,

http://twitter.com/michaelhkay