Fwd: [xquery-talk] XQuery and databases - XQuery 2.0

derstubbi at gmx.de derstubbi at gmx.de
Tue Jun 9 17:21:22 PDT 2009

To pick up point 3)

I just read that the XQuery 1.1. specification exists (ok, it is "just" a working draft), but is not (really) used today.
And I also read that there are "insufficient resources to continue development of the Static Typing feature".
What does that mean ?
Is there no more development for XQuery at all ?
What are/were the ideas for future XQuery ?

point 1)

I am still not able to run this :

let $path :=doc('http://localhost:8080/exist/rest/db/myConfig.xml')
return
<test>
{
$path
}
</test>

-> java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://localhost:8080/exist/rest/db/myConfig.xml

I run the XQuery with java/saxon. The file is imported into the eXist databse. It can be retrieved with using the path in my browser...
What is the mistake ?

thanking you in anticipation,
ND

-------- Original-Nachricht --------