[xquery-talk] XQuery and databases - XQuery 2.0

Brian Maso brian at blumenfeld-maso.com
Mon Jun 15 15:45:16 PDT 2009

Yea, I knew about SQL/XML. I was thinking more about intra-column indexing
-- so if I have an XML column I could write an efficient WHERE clause on the
value of a specific descendant element value. I don't believe SQL/XML
defines a way to ddefine indexes using, say, an XPath expression.

Best regards,
Brian Maso