[xquery-talk] xquery & web server in browser

Michael Kay mike at saxonica.com
Wed Jun 17 16:42:02 PDT 2009

There are a lot of people keen on the idea of xquery in the web browser.

Unfortunately, though, I think there's a bit of a conflict. A lot of the
benefits of the web architecture come from the fact that the browser is
small, ubiqitous, and predictable. The more goodies you put in it, the less
that remains true. And the less it is true, the harder it is to write
applications that will run anywhere and talk to anything. This is why, after
ten years, writing applications that rely on XSLT-in-the-browser can still
be problematic, as recently discussed on the xml-dev list.

Regards,

http://twitter.com/michaelhkay