[xquery-talk] last possible child's attribute

G. Ken Holman gkholman at CraneSoftwrights.com
Sun Mar 8 09:57:50 PST 2009

At 2009-03-08 14:45 +0100, Michalmas wrote:
>It still gives me the same error:
>
>XQuery Serialization Error!
>A document node may not have an attribute node or a namespace node as a child

Yes, because attribute nodes can only be attached to an element.

You are putting out a document and you are trying to add just the attribute.

I posted code that was working, and you'll see that I used the
string() function in order to add a string to the document node, not
the attribute itself.

>On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 2:32 PM, G. Ken Holman
><<mailto:gkholman at cranesoftwrights.com>gkholman at cranesoftwrights.com> wrote:
>t:\ftemp>type michalmas.xml
>
><a>
>  <aa lc="1">
>     <aaa lc="00">
>     </aaa>
>  </aa>
>  <bb lc="0">
>  </bb>
>  <zz lc="1">
>     <ccc lc="123">
>     </ccc>
>  </zz>
></a>
>
>t:\ftemp>type michalmas.xq
>string( a/descendant::*[last()]/@lc ),
>string( (a//@lc)[last()] )
>t:\ftemp>xquery michalmas.xml michalmas.xq
><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>123 123
>t:\ftemp>

Notice above how I'm adding the values of the attributes, not the
attributes themselves to the result.

I hope this helps.

--
XQuery/XSLT training in Prague, CZ 2009-03 http://www.xmlprague.cz
XQuery/XSLT/XSL-FO training in Los Angeles/Anaheim - 2009-06-01/10