[xquery-talk] [ANN] Qizx 3.0-beta released

Olivier Ishacian olivier at xmlmind.com
Tue Mar 10 09:03:07 PST 2009

Qizx 3.0-beta released

Qizx Free Engine can be downloaded from
http://www.xmlmind.com/qizx/download.shtml

Qizx/open can be downloaded from
http://www.xmlmind.com/qizx/qizxopen.shtml

Qizx customers, please upgrade using this form:
http://www.xmlmind.com/store/download.php

(The above form is usually accessed through
http://www.xmlmind.com/qizx/upgrade.html.)

Qizx is an embeddable, high-speed, native XML

indexing and query engine written in Java(TM),

with the querying and processing capabilities of a

fully fledged XML Query implementation.

Main new features in version 3.0 beta:

* Nearly complete support of XQuery Full-Text,

   a new W3C Recommendation for integrated

   full-text search in XQuery.

* Miscellaneous optimizations of query execution.

Please visit http://www.xmlmind.com/qizx/changes.html

for more information.

Because of deep changes in the implementation,

this version is considered of beta quality.

The former version 2.2 will stay available.

We encourage our users to give us feed-back

about Qizx 3.0.

Qizx is available in several editions:

* The commercial product has 3 liberal licenses

   both for corporate application development, and

   for royalty-free distributable products.

* The Free Engine edition is a fully functional

   version of Qizx which can be used for developing

   or in production.  It is limited in database

   size (one gigabyte of XML approximately).

* Qizx/open is an open-source version of the XML

   Query interpreter of Qizx.  Qizx/open has been

   available since 2003 and is recognized as one

   of the most advanced and fastest XML Query

   implementations.

Please visit http://www.xmlmind.com/qizx/ for more

information about Qizx.

--