[xquery-talk] recurrency

David Carlisle davidc at nag.co.uk
Tue Mar 10 23:42:03 PST 2009

> The thing is that later in XML there can be referance to that fields:
> <somewhere-it-is-used>

sorry I really can not guess what you mean here, and I doubt anyone else
on the list will be able to guess.
Can you not post, to the list, a complete (but small) example of the
input and say what result the query is supposed to produce, then
probably someone would supply some xquery code.

given your testXML node input in your original mail and
the <somewhere-it-is-used> node in the last mail,
what is supposed to be returned? perhaps ypu want the element
 <name>name3</name>
or perhaps the element
 <node-name>
   <name>name3</name>
<node-name>
or perhaps you want something else entirely. I can't guess what you
intend.

David