[xquery-talk] XML databases and image/video data

Gajanan Chinchwadkar gajanansc at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 10:20:04 PST 2009

If the meta-data is simply stored as XML files containing text-only
data, then we can use XPath/XQuery to extract it.

But I am looking for pointers to some work where:
(i) images are stored in XML format (may be MPEG-7 or something else),
(ii) the storage is optimized for feature extraction or image
similarity types of queries,
(iii) indexing schemes suitable for image data are available,
and so on...

thanks,

Gajanan