[xquery-talk] ANN EXQuery

Adam Retter adam.retter at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 26 15:16:39 PST 2009

We have started an effort called EXQuery http://www.exquery.org to try
and increase the portability of XQuery Applications.

We believe that a number of additional standards are required to
complement W3C XQuery 1.0. If we can develop such standards and get
broad vendor adoption then portability should become easier.

Our first standardisation project is to look at extension functions
for XQuery. Currently many XQuery implementations provide similar
extension functionality but through different function signatures,
this makes creating portable applications very difficult.

If you have previously had to extend XQuery with additional
functionality to deliver an application we would love to hear about
it. Please submit such use cases here -
http://www.exquery.org/standards/use-cases.xql
(Note - There is a known problem with the rich-text editor on that
page in Internet Explorer, we hope to fix it very soon. If you do wish
to submit rich-text, you may find an alternative browser such as
Firefox makes this possible).

Anyone is welcome to join via. our mailing lists and contribute ideas,
suggestions and resources. We also have a core team of experts from
within the XQuery community to provide drive, guidance and support for
our projects.

Thanks

Adam

--