[xquery-talk] [ANN] XQuery as a scripting language in IE

David Carlisle davidc at nag.co.uk
Fri Mar 27 14:08:45 PST 2009

>  I would like XQuery XML  notation to be at the same level as XSLT.

If you make it look too much like xslt then essentially it is XSLT
since it's the same programming model, with (then) the same syntax.
This is explictly what xq2xml did
http://monet.nag.co.uk/xq2xml/

But I agree it would be good to aim for something with xslt inspired xml
syntax for top level declarations, but using xquery (rather than xslt)
element constructors and path expressions mixed)

David