[xquery-talk] Question on expected XQuery return per standards

Ronald Bourret rpbourret at rpbourret.com
Fri Mar 27 12:06:54 PST 2009

Hmmm. I would have thought that, in each case, only p2 is returned.

According to the spec, "For each item in the input sequence, the
predicate expression is evaluated using an inner focus, defined as
follows: The context item is the item currently being tested against the
predicate. The context size is the number of items in the input
sequence. The context position is the position of the context item
within the input sequence."

In each case, the input sequence is the result of $xml//p, which is a
sequence of four p elements. Since the position is the position within
this sequence, only p2 is in the second position.

But I'm sure I could be wrong...

-- Ron