[xquery-talk] XML to TEXT OUTPUT with xQUERY

Julio de la Vega j.vega at helpprintsolutions.com
Fri Dec 3 10:20:50 PST 2010

Hi *,

I need to process and xml file with xQuery and generate a text file with the
result of my xquery. In my tests I have several issues:

-          Do I have to do it with string function or is there other option?

-          I need to give an specific format to the output but I cannot
control line feeds. Is it possible to insert  line feed with any command?

-          Do we have to use xslt instead of xquery? Is there any option to
do it with xquery?

Little example ot the actual development:

for $metadata  in doc('Estadisticas')/MetaData

return

(

string($metadata/Partition/Attr[@name= 'CurrentPackageInPartition']/@value),

string($metadata/Partition/Attr[@name= 'TotalPagesinDocument']/@value),

)

Thanks in advance

Regards

Julio de la Vega Pozo
Consultor Senior
 <mailto:j.vega at helpprintsolutions.com> j.vega at helpprintsolutions.com

Avda. General Perón, 32 7º G  28020 Madrid  tel:
<http://www.plaxo.com/click_to_call?src=jj_signature&To=%2B34+91+598+0533&Em
ail=h.kuperman at helpprintsolutions.com> +34 91 598 0533 fax: +34 91 598 0694

 <http://www.helpprintsolutions.com/> www.helpprintsolutions.com

Este correo electrónico contiene información privada y confidencial. Si
usted no es el destinatario del mensaje no está autorizado a leerlo,
copiarlo o difundirlo. Si lo ha recibido por error, por favor contacte con
el remitente y destruya su contenido. Privileged/confidential information
may be contained in this e-mail. Any reading, copying o dissemination of
this communication by persons or entities other than its intended recipient
is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and
delete it.