[xquery-talk] XML to TEXT OUTPUT with xQUERY

Michael Kay mike at saxonica.com
Fri Dec 3 11:31:06 PST 2010

It's a little bit product-dependent how the output of a query is produced.

There are basically two approaches. One is to write a query whose output
is a single string (your query produces a sequence of strings). The
other is to serialize the result of the query using the text output
method - which, for example, would take a sequence of strings and output
them space-separated.

Either way, generating new line characters shouldn't be a problem. Just
write them in the query as numeric character references - & # x a ;

Michael Kay
Saxonica