[xquery-talk] Order of results

David Carlisle davidc at nag.co.uk
Fri Nov 5 09:22:22 PST 2010

On 05/11/2010 09:05, Michael Kay wrote:
> There's something in XQuery called "ordering mode", and if this is set
> to "unordered" then this would be a legitimate result. It would be very
> unfriendly of an XQuery processor to set this to "unordered" by default,
> but the specification does actually permit it.
>
> Michael Kay
> Saxonica

That was my first thought as well, but doesn't unordered just allow the
flwor and / expressions to mess up, but , is guaranteed ?

http://www.w3.org/TR/xquery/#dt-comma-operator

doesn't say anything about ordering mode.

so you can get the as before the bs in any order and b1 before or after
b2 but A should be before a1 and a2 and b should be before b1, shouldn't it?

David