[xquery-talk] QName in content

Florent Georges lists at fgeorges.org
Wed Nov 24 20:55:11 PST 2010

Daniela Florescu wrote:

> The "uri" gets lost during the serialization. (loss of
> information, non roundtripable information, etc)

> I am writing XQueries to process XSD schemas now
> (jnput and output). That's a big problem for me.  (I
> know I can use the XQuery 3.0's namespace constructors
> somehow, but the end result queries are horribly
> complicated...)

  If you want to deal with QName in content, you need to
manage the namespace binding in scope.  This is quite
easy in XSLT, maybe less in XQuery for some cases[1].
If you don't want / cannot use XML content then yes, you
have to output explicitly the URI, e.g. by using the
Clark notation: "{http://example.org/ns/uri}local-name".

  What would you like a QName to be serialized to when
cast to a string?

Florent Georges

(OMG, August 2006, already!)