[xquery-talk] QName in content

Daniela Florescu dflorescu at mac.com
Thu Nov 25 11:12:00 PST 2010

On Nov 25, 2010, at 1:21 AM, David Carlisle wrote:

> On 25/11/2010 03:46, Daniela Florescu wrote:
>> But I'd like something that, once I serialize a QName, and
>> schema-validating it
>> as a Qname, I get my (full) QName back, please.
>
> But there's no way to do that without changing XSD is there?

Yes David, you are right. The root of the evil, and hence to root of
the fix, has to be with
XML Schema, and only after that XQuery/XSLT can use that and fix their
own problems.

Unfortunately XML Schema WG prefers to spend their time on precision
decimal -- that will
likely cause more disruption in the industry rather then solving a
real problem-- instead of
fixing this problem that has been know (as a pain) for more then a
decade.

And it's a VERY bad pain when you start writing large XQuery programs.

I will file a W3C bug to XML SChema, but I have somehow limited hopes
about that.

Best regards
Dana