[xquery-talk] QName in content

Per Bothner per at bothner.com
Thu Nov 25 13:46:17 PST 2010

On 11/24/2010 07:46 PM, Daniela Florescu wrote:
>> For Qexo/Kawa I picked for the general case:
>>
>> PREFIX{URI}:LOCAL
>>
>> In Kawa-Scheme you can create QNames (which are a generalization
>> of "symbol") by specifying each component:
>>
>> http://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/Namespaces.html#Compound-symbols
>

> Per,
>
> that's a general problem (query processor independent), and we would need
> a standard solution.

The comment was partly a follow-up to the comment about "James Clark's
solution", and partly a suggestion for a serialization format.

Once you specify a serialization format, writing a processor-independent
pair of functions that converts a QName to/from a string shouldn't be
difficult.  Of course then you have to manually call these functions,
which is a pain.  The alternative is some even-more-tedious XML
encoding.
--
	--Per Bothner