[xquery-talk] XQuery Update to Transform functions

Hans-Juergen Rennau hrennau at yahoo.de
Fri Nov 26 22:12:19 PST 2010

Vyacheslav,

the feasibility I cannot judge, but I think this is an excellent idea. And it
seems to me that it is an instance of a general, yet hardly explored (?)
principle: to create transformations not literally, but by some sort of
specification of what the result of the transformation shall be. In this case:
using an update query. Other approaches are conceivable, too, and I believe in
exciting perspectives.

Hans-Juergen

Message: 2