[xquery-talk] problem with saxon PE support of XQuery 3.0 try/catch

James Fuller james.fuller.2007 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 13:27:11 PST 2011

running XQuery 3.0 spec example

try {
    fn:error(fn:QName('http://www.w3.org/2005/xqt-errors', 'err:FOER0000'))
}
catch * {
    $err:code, $err:value, " module: ",
    $err:module, "(", $err:line-number, ",", $err:column-number, ")"

with saxon SaxonPE9-4-0-1 (w/ paid for license installed), got the
xquery 3.0 flag engaged

-qversion:3.0

and just in case I have declared namespace
err="http://www.w3.org/2005/xqt-errors";

getting an odd error

      XPST0008: Variable $err:code has not been declared

It says clearly in saxon feature support matrix

http://www.saxonica.com/feature-matrix.html

that saxon PE supports try/catch XQuery 3.0 feature.

any thoughts ?

I have been running xquery 3.0 for a while now so I think I am not
doing anything overly stupid (but always a possibility!).

Jim Fuller