[xquery-talk] Constructing namespace nodes

Ronald Bourret rpbourret at rpbourret.com
Tue Feb 8 09:10:36 PST 2011

The real cause of this problem (and many others) is namespaces in
content. This has been around almost as long as namespaces themselves,
but has never been recognized in the spec.

Perhaps the solution is for the spec to finally deal with this. For
example, (a) allow documents to declare that namespaces are used in
content and (b) allow processors to modify any prefixes it finds in content.

-- Ron