[xquery-talk] [ANN] XML Prague Pre-Conference Day

Adam Retter adam.retter at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 9 08:45:20 PST 2011

The morning of the pre-conference is given over to the eXist-db XML
Native Database. It is in effect our community meetup, we also had one
in Prague last year for a full day on the Friday. This year we were
approached by others, and discussed just giving a half-day on eXist-db
and expanding the afternoon to more general topics which were
applicable to those both inside and outside of eXist-db, but I guess
with a focus on things like XQuery and XRX.

So the day itself is not XML Database specific or even eXist-db
specific. It is true at present that eXist-db is the only database on
the program for the day, mostly because of our morning. However if
there is interest in giving talks in the afternoon which are
applicable to a wide ordinance and use an XML Database other than
eXist-db to illustrate the points, then I would imagine that should be
fine - as I said in my announcement, if you have topics for discussion
or presentation, please contact us on info at exist-db.org.

Hope that clarifies things?