[xquery-talk] XML Databases that support "Dynamic" XQuery Collections?

David Lee dlee at calldei.com
Fri Feb 25 14:12:47 PST 2011

MarkLogic (community Edition as well as the paid edition) solves #1,
documents can be in multiple collections.

#2 is harder for me to understand.  In MarkLogic you can certainly
dynamically modify the collection membership with an xquery,
But that may not be what you're looking for.  In fact I'm not sure what the
meaning of "collection" is if its dynamic.
If you mean a runtime expression that returns a set of documents, that's not
really the meaning of "collection" but is certainly doable in many XML
engines.

David A. Lee
dlee at calldei.com
http://www.xmlsh.org