[xquery-talk] Getting a bare & and > into HTML for Javascript

Andrew Welch andrew.j.welch at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 09:33:29 PDT 2011

> This is an experimental prototype so I'm stumbling on new ground ...

I've done the same enough times now.. this is how it typically happens:

- start by quickly writing some xquery to knock up a prototype
- discover you need some small bit of javascript, so add it into the
xquery you writing
- spend way too long trying to get that small bit of js to work
- think to yourself "I should be able to do this", and spend more time
trying to get it to work
- give in and move the javascript to its own .js file
- and then before long you inevitably have multiple js files and
hundreds of lines of js, and you think to yourself why did I waste my
time trying to get that initial small bit of js working in the
xquery....

Glad it's not just me having the issue :)

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com