[xquery-talk] [ANN] Release BaseX 6.7.1: Balisage Edition

Christian Grün christian.gruen at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 13:31:50 PDT 2011

Dear all,

just four weeks have passed, and we are proud to announce Version
6.7.1 (a.k.a. The Balisage 2011 Edition) of BaseX. Here is what you
get:

  XQuery:
  - New database functions for adding, deleting, renaming
    and replacing documents, and optimizing databases:
    http://docs.basex.org/wiki/Database_Functions
  - XSLT transformations via Java or Saxon:
    http://docs.basex.org/wiki/XSLT_Functions
  - All XQuery 3.0 functions are now supported:
    http://docs.basex.org/wiki/XQuery_3.0
  - Tail-call optimizations to speed up recursive functions

  Storage:
  - Use ADDARCHIVES to parse files within archives
  - Use SKIPCORRUPT to skip non-well-formed files when
    creating a database: http://docs.basex.org/wiki/Options
  - Max. level depth limit (256) removed
  - The document index is now incrementally updated

  GUI:
  - "Manage Database" dialog now supports operations on
    multiple databases and the command-line glob syntax:
    http://docs.basex.org/wiki/Commands#Glob_Syntax
  - Drag and drop operations introduced for opening new files
    and copying file paths

  Client/Server:
  - Delay clients that repeatedly fail to login
  - All remaining plain-text password operations now use
    MD5 to send and log passwords

More details are found on our homepage [1], in GitHub [2] and on our
basex-talk mailing list [3].

Always looking forward to your feedback,

Christian
BaseX Team

[1] http://basex.org/
[2] https://github.com/BaseXdb