[xquery-talk] Serializing using fn:put()

Michael Kay mike at saxonica.com
Tue Mar 22 21:20:31 PST 2011

Sadly, fn:put provides no control over serialization options.

You could consider using the Saxon extension function
saxon:result-document() instead.

http://www.saxonica.com/documentation/extensions/functions/result-document.xml

(However, the constraint inherited from XSLT that it can't be called
while evaluating a function may be a bit restrictive. You might be
better off using XSLT for this job...)

Michael Kay
Saxonica