alpha 2 - redesigned API
gfourny at inf.ethz.ch
Sun Mar 27 13:25:58 PST 2011
The following enhancements were made:
- Merge with the MXQuery mainline.
- New browser API (library and main modules supported).
- Multiple queries in one page.
- Script tag src attributes are supported.
- add/removeEventListener now take a QName as a parameter (soon to be function items).
- General Opera support (Desktop, Mobile, Mini).
- Bug fixes.
The samples in http://www.xqib.org/js have been updated.
The new browser API allows library modules and main modules in script tags, as they are described in the XQuery specification. As a consequence, the type of the XQIB script tags is now application/xquery. The semantics is as follows: a library module is made available for import to subsequent script tags. The output produced by a main module is inserted into the HTML page right after the script tag. This leads to more compact, more readable code (no more local:main()).
The source code is available in an SVN repository through the MXQuery official Web site http://www.mxquery.org, under an Apache 2.0 license. For those who like to live on the cutting edge, mxquery.org provides automatic builds of the latest commits.
An XQIB-JS alpha 2 starter kit for writing your own XQuery code is available on the XQIB Web site http://www.xqib.org
More information about the talk