[xquery-talk] Querying XSD

David Lee dlee at calldei.com
Wed May 11 04:27:45 PDT 2011

XSD is complex especially in the presence of types and imports.
What I did to accomplish a similar thing was to preprocess the XSD with the
Apache Schema API and produce a "simpler" XML file which was more amenable
to querying.
But "simpler" means less information.  I extracted what I wanted and omitted
the rest.   The Apache Schema API will handle resolving types and let you
start with all global elements and walk down through the structure to all
child elements and attributes even as it crosses type, inherited, and import
boundaries.

David A. Lee
dlee at calldei.com
http://www.xmlsh.org