[xquery-talk] namespace declarations in an element

Florent Georges lists at fgeorges.org
Thu May 26 07:39:57 PDT 2011

Michael Kay wrote:

  Hi,

> There's a workaround invented by David Carlisle which I
> can't lay my hands on at the moment. It involves using a
> computed attribute constructor to create an attribute in the
> desired namespace, copying this attribute to the target
> element, then discarding the attribute again - but I forget
> the details.

  You dynamically construct an element within the namespace you
want, with the prefix you want, and add your element to that
temporary wrapper, then select it back.  This copy must thus
inherit the namespace declaration (but you get a copy of course):

http://fgeorges.blogspot.com/2006/08/add-namespace-node-to-element-in.html

  Regards,

--
Florent Georges