[xquery-talk] namespace declarations in an element

daniela florescu dflorescu at mac.com
Thu May 26 12:50:00 PDT 2011

If the input element was already schema validated:   this transformation will add indeed a namespace,
but will loose the original type annotation of the element that was given as result of schema validation.

The result will end up untyped (unlike the original element).

That's a serious problem for semi-structured databases.

It's the fault of the semantics of node copying.

Cheers
Dana