[xquery-talk] eval in XQuery implementations

Adam Retter adam.retter at googlemail.com
Tue May 31 10:20:25 PDT 2011

We support eval() in eXist-db and have a number of over loaded
functions which allow you to manipulate the context for the eval, e.g.
inherit, new or some other context...

IMHO eval() is a very very evil thing and can usually be avoided
through the provision of a set of 'parse' functions and some functions
that enable you to construct dynamic HoF calls...
It is my goal to eventually remove eval() from eXist-db once HoF in
3.0 settles down and is proven in use.