[xquery-talk] [ANN] Qizx 4.3 is available
olivier at xmlmind.com
Wed Nov 2 03:20:55 PST 2011
Qizx is an embeddable, high-speed, native XML
indexing and query engine written in Java(TM),
with the querying and processing capabilities of
a fully fledged XML Query implementation.
Version 4.3 introduces new features mainly
centered around Qizx Server:
* Administration facilities:
(accessible through native Java API,
Server REST API, XQuery functions and
a new visual tool QizxAdmin)
- visualisation and edition of the configuration
- runtime statistics
- maintenance tasks scheduling and monitoring
(backup, reindexing etc)
- running queries (monitor and cancel)
* XQuery webApps: a new mechanism for
implementing web applications (server-side).
* server caching: compiled queries +
sequence cache for efficient page by page
iteration on results
* query optimizer improvements
for more details.
Qizx is available in several editions:
* The commercial product has 3 liberal licenses
both for corporate application development, and
for royalty-free distributable products.
* The Free Engine edition is a fully functional
version of Qizx which can be used for developing
or in production. It is limited in database
size (one Gigabyte of XML approximately).
* Qizx/open is an open-source version of the XML
Query interpreter of Qizx. Qizx/open has been
available since 2003 and is recognized as one
of the fastest and most advanced XML Query
implementations to date.
Qizx Free Engine can be downloaded from
Qizx/open can be downloaded from
Qizx customers, please upgrade using this form:
(The above form is usually accessed through
Please visit http://www.xmlmind.com/qizx/ for more
information about Qizx.
More information about the talk