[xquery-talk] [ANN] presenting XQuery - GSD language at MarkLogic User Group London Nov 24

William Candillon william.candillon at 28msec.com
Wed Nov 9 00:43:42 PST 2011

Hello James,

It's not our collective imagination.
XQuery is making us more productive programmers.
We even have serious evidence to back this up.

When talking to people outside the xquery community, they buy
immediately the productivity argument.
But are they gonna learn a new programming language because it is
allegedly more productive? No way...

It seems to me that for XQuery to go mainstream, we need to go in
areas where XQuery is not just more productive but simply
indispensable.

What are we gonna do to get Dimitri to throw away his PHP and switch to XQuery?

We tried to answer this question in the following blog entry:
http://www.28msec.com/html/entry/2011/11/03/Not_your_Grandmas_XQuery

Kind regards,

William

--