[xquery-talk] [ANN] presenting XQuery - GSD language at MarkLogic User Group London Nov 24

Andrew Welch andrew.j.welch at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 03:21:46 PST 2011

> yes there are tons of apps out there, just look at all the very cool
> stuff people are using MarkLogic for; some very revolutionary stuff
> with the bulk being done in XQuery but perhaps is not shouted to the
> rooftops that xquery is programming language in affect.

Yeah lots of good stuff (fwiw, I did the BP app for them here in the
UK... hopefully that counts as good)

But... nothing the average project lead will be aware of.

> There is probably no
> killer app for SQL for example.

Ok, this is a situation I've been in a few times now, given a new
project you suggest using xquery and an xml database for the usual
reasons.  The person making the decision isn't convinced, they know
spring/hibernate, they've used data binding etc.  At that point, I
really need to be able to refer them to some product or site and say
'look, these guys are using it'... otherwise its just the xml person
advocating the xml solution.

Maybe the better way of saying all this is - what is the most widely
known app/site that uses xquery?

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com