[xquery-talk] XPath/XQuery equivalent of xsl:number?

Adam Retter adam.retter at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 17 11:23:41 PST 2011

Joe,

In eXist-db (which I happen to know you are using), if you want the
format-number function, you can just call - xsl:format-number(...)
from XQuery, see the signature for in the eXist-db function guide -
xsl:format-number($number as numeric?, $format as xs:string) xs:string

However I doubt format-number function is actually what you want as it
doesnt appear to support roman numerals. As such I think Ken's example
is a good start