[xquery-talk] Schematron implemented in XQuery?

Tony Graham tgraham at mentea.net
Fri Nov 18 03:33:11 PST 2011

Has anybody developed a (free) implementation of Schematron with XQuery as
the query language/implementation.

The ISO Schematron spec has the following fine-sounding note:

   The following query language names are reserved without further
   definition. Implementations which use different query
   language bindings are encouraged to use one of these names if
   appropriate : stx, xslt, xslt1.1, exslt, xslt2, xpath, xpath2,
   xquery.

The closest that I've found to Schematron in XQuery is Norm's
ML-Schematron module [1] but that relies on MarkLogic's XSLT 2.0 support.

It's for an upcoming project implemented using QT, where the XQuery 1.0
support is more complete than the XSLT 2.0 support [2].  I'll also be
looking to see whether Schematron's final compiled XSLT 2.0 stylesheet
that you actually run on the XML documents doesn't overexert QT's XSLT 2.0
processor, but it would be good to find out if I didn't have to worry
about that.

Regards,

Tony Graham                                   tgraham at mentea.net
Consultant                                 http://www.mentea.net
Mentea       13 Kelly's Bay Beach, Skerries, Co. Dublin, Ireland
    XML, XSL-FO and XSLT consulting, training and programming

[1] https://github.com/ndw/ML-Schematron
[2]
http://doc.trolltech.com/latest/xmlprocessing.html#features-and-conformance