[xquery-talk] [xml-dev] JDBC in an XQuery world (?)

David Lee dlee at calldei.com
Sun Oct 2 09:34:23 PDT 2011

This is one way of looking at it and perhaps the most fruitful.  But I disagree with the premise that jdbc MUST use SQL as the query language.  The difference between vendor's "SQL" is so vast they might as well be different languages.  So why not allow pure xquery as the JDBC query string?

But I agree there would be more portability If the language was SQL like.

As for the results .. Xquery returns xdm not XML so there needs to be a mapping of xdm to ResultSet interface.

Maybe not all xdm maps well but I could imagine a convention like say XDML which provides enough metadata to map the result XDM to a result set.

Sent from my iPhone