[xquery-talk] XML/XQuery academic conferences ?

Michael Rys mrys at microsoft.com
Wed Oct 12 12:15:49 PDT 2011

We used to have the XML Symposium workshop but VLDB did not find room for it this year.

Actually good research on XML/XQuery still has a chance for getting into SIGMOD/VLDB/ICDE. For example we are going to have a paper at ICDE on XML processing.

But it is harder. If the academic environment is so "anti-XML" at the moment (and Stonebraker has been so since the dawn of time), then how easy is it to get tenure with XML topics anyway? :)

Best regards
Michael