[xquery-talk] XML/XQuery academic conferences ?

David Lee dlee at calldei.com
Wed Oct 12 15:34:42 PDT 2011

My architect had to pass a state exam.

Few  of the cs phds  I've interviewed could do ANY of the tasks you quote.  None had to pass an exam in making programs that actually worked

But many brilliant folks without even a bs could do so  blindfolded.

Let us all toast to the day academia returns to to the point of usefulness.

In the mean time every year I abuse the Balisage slogan
"nothing is more practical than
......   Something thact actually works"

But as James mentioned some greats in the field excelled dispute the institutions,

Im all for education but let us not confuse that with competence

Sent from my iPhone