[xquery-talk] [ANN] BaseX 7.0

Christian Grün christian.gruen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 12:45:56 PDT 2011

Dear all,

thanks everyone for your support! We are more than excited to announce
BaseX 7.0, the best version we have released so far. Once more, it
includes quite a bunch of new features:

STORAGE: Files of any data type can now be stored in BaseX in their
raw representation. This means that BaseX can now be used as a
full-fledged storage system. Next, millions of documents can now be
added faster than ever before.

APIs: We have rewritten our HTTP services: Our REST implementation has
been integrated much more tightly in the core system. It can be used
to query XML data, retrieve binary resources, and send database
commands. A new WebDAV API provides access to the database via your
file system, oXygen and various other clients. The classical clients
(available for 10 different programming languages) have been extended
and sped up.

XQUERY: Numerous modules have been added to process all kinds of data
formats via XQuery: JSON documents can be parsed and serialized, SQL
databases can be queried, XSLT cryptographics functions are available
to encrypt data and use XML signatures. Our database module has been
extended to facilitate the storage and modification of database
resources.

FULL-TEXT: We now offer tokenization and stemming support for 21
different natural languages, including Japanese (thanks to Toshio
HIRAI!). Next, we have further optimized the internals of our
retrieval features of BaseX.

We hope you have fun with our latest release, and we're looking
forward to your feedback!

Christian
BaseX Team