[xquery-talk] [xml-dev] JSON query processing

David Lee dlee at calldei.com
Sun Oct 16 06:08:14 PDT 2011

I suggest you are contradicting yourself.
If it only 'takes 5 minutes' to write such a program in the general case
then why are there so many IT careers based on it ?

Please send me your 5 minute program that solves this problem in the general
case.
Or better yet, publish it so the world can use it, and put those armies of
IT people to use solving non-trivial problems instead of trivial ones.

By 'solves' I suggest that as an axiom you have no control over *either*
side of the equation, the JSON OR the XML.  So you must 'plug the hole' in
the middle, invisibly to either side. I would like to see this trivial
program that converts between an arbitrary JSON structure and an arbitrary
XML structure.

Or if you want a simplier case, take any real world 'schema' in XML or JSON
or JSON-Like.
For example HL7, DocBook, XSLT, XSD,  Google Visualzation ("JSON-Like",
IMHO), Amazons AWS API.    Write a program that converts any
document/message in that schema to a coresponding document in the opposite
markup.
With the feature that the result in the opposite markup should be as close
to "reasonable" as an author experienced in that markup would expect or
write for the same underlying data model and that it is fully reversable.

You have 5 mintes ...

David A. Lee
dlee at calldei.com
http://www.xmlsh.org