[xquery-talk] [ANN] xquerydoc

James Fuller james.fuller.2007 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 02:50:25 PDT 2011

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 10:58 PM, Florent Georges <lists at fgeorges.org> wrote:
> James Fuller wrote:
>
>   Hi Jim, John,
>
>> John Snelson and I recently created xquerydoc
>> https://github.com/xquery/xquerydoc
>> will parse xqdoc comments from your XQuery using XQuery ;)
>
>   Glad to hear that, thanks to both of you!
>
>   Is there any place to report issues? (I couldn't try it yet
> because of some problem in the shell script)  Do you pass by an

ya the shell script is pretty naive, you could just run xproc

github for xquerydoc has issues.

https://github.com/xquery/xquerydoc/issues

> intermediary XML format to represent extracted documentation
> before formating it? (and makeing it reusable for, say, XSLT and
> XProc :-p)

yes, that intermediate format is xqdoc markup ...

the src/xquery/xquerydoc.xq parse($module as xs:string) function will
emit this markup so you can style it however way you like.

the xproc is just 'glue' for invoking and then styling with
stylesheets in src/lib but of course you can invoke from your own
xquery and style how you please.

to see an example of the styled output check out the docs/api

hth, J